NEW!! AMANDA'S CENTURIONS - see the Bulletin Board below for more info.
The Amanda Young Foundation is a non-profit community organisation dedicated to reducing deaths in WA from meningococcal disease. The Foundation was formed in 1998 following the tragic death of Amanda Young from meningococcal septicaemia at the tender age of 18 years.
The Foundation achieves its mission through:
- Meningococcal Awareness and Education
- the general community, schools and medical profession;
- Funding Research
- providing funding for relevant medical research ;
- Young Leaders' Summit
- organising an annual camp for year 11 school students across the state to support and encourage the development of leadership skills;
- Meningococcal Survivor Support - providing support to survivors and their families
NEW FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE - AMANDA'S CENTURIONS
We are recruiting Centurions now! Please click on the link below to see the flyer.
If you commit to becoming a Centurion, you are invited to join other like-minded people
at a free launch (food & drinks supplied) of this exciting initiative on 18th April.
Toddlers' Meningococcal Vaccine Trial - can you help - volunteers needed - download for further information
See Amanda's Garden on the ABC programme "Gardening Australia" ABC Gardening Australia